• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FB Messenger Error: (#100) The parameter family_device_id is required.

Sara222

So Mom who has shunned FB for years finally wants Messenger. Downloaded and began setup, put in her phone number as required and name and it began to give a code after I agreed to Terms of Service stopped, and threw up what I assume is an error as I can go no further. (#100) The parameter family_device_id is required. She's never had Facebook, though that shouldn't be a problem. Not sure what to do? Any suggestions?
928db298-9bb3-44c3-9897-8fa8b3c67c71.png

try uninstalling and reinstalling FB messenger
I really thought that was the ticket too. And honestly the first time I reinstalled it started to generate the code but then gave the error. The first time it didn't even try to give me a code, just gave the error after setup.

So Mom who has shunned FB for years finally wants Messenger. Downloaded and began setup, put in her phone number as required and name and it began to give a code after I agreed to Terms of Service stopped, and threw up what I assume is an error as I can go no further. (#100) The parameter family_device_id is required. She's never had Facebook, though that shouldn't be a problem. Not sure what to do? Any suggestions? View attachment 142806
Hi try downgrade i had same error i downgraded a messenger to previous version and it worked fine I already attended messenger team to fix it
Best regards android senior developer for 6 years

Hi the most android user gets an error while creating messenger account with their phone number the lastest messenger has an error while signing up for an account with phone number
And error called #100 the parameter family_device_id is required

Tye solution is downgrade messenger to previous version and it works fine

Best regards

What "messenger account"? Come on newsbot let's have the full story.
its not a news bot....lol

the op for this actually posted in another thread where that op was having issues. this op wanted to alert people having this same issue that there is a fix.

its not actual news like i said. i have alerted the local authorities who hopefully will move this to the appropriate section.

What "messenger account"? Come on newsbot let's have the full story.

its not a news bot....lol

the op for this actually posted in another thread where that op was having issues. this op wanted to alert people having this same issue that there is a fix.

its not actual news like i said. i have alerted the local authorities who hopefully will move this to the appropriate section.

:) Merged into the thread he posted in. I should have had some coffee first as that merge took way too long :)

For those who are a tad confused, I moved posts 8, 11 and 12 into this thread :)

Carry on!

Hi the most android user gets an error while creating messenger account with their phone number the lastest messenger has an error while signing up for an account with phone number

Best regards

Thanks! This worked like a charm! I used the April 2019 version and had no trouble at all.

Best regards

The issue is still there (I guess fb team is wishing more facebook accounts). Which version of the messenger should I download?

Back
Top Bottom