• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FedEx Requires Signature - Can i Leave a Note?

phorts

I ordered my Incredible today, online and received my shipment notice within an hour.

I noticed on the shipment notification that FedEx requires a signature upon delivery.

I'm not too familiar with FedEx so i was wondering if anyone has had experience with this. I will not be home so i was wondering if i can leave a note for the FedEx person to leave the package on my doorstep or if they'll leave a note saying they were there and will try again the next day. (Like UPS)

Another day won't kill me, but i'd like to charge it and play with it tomorrow when i WILL be home :D

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, just leave a note with the tracking number and your signature. They still have the right to not leave it but most drivers wont have a problem as long as you leave a note.

I did this today. Provided a copy of the tracking info from FedEx with instructions on where to leave the phone and he did exactly as I requested to my slight surprise!

Yes you can do this with Verizon shipments because it's "indirect signature", which means you can leave a note or a neighbor can sign as well.

Do they take the note with them?

I have two Verizon shipments coming tomorrow, and wondering if I need to leave two notes :D

I had talked to FedEx this afternoon about just holding it at the local depot and they gave me the blah blah about Verizon wants at least 1 delivery attempt to the original address.

I already have my notes typed up and signed.

Do they take the note with them?

I have two Verizon shipments coming tomorrow, and wondering if I need to leave two notes :D

I had talked to FedEx this afternoon about just holding it at the local depot and they gave me the blah blah about Verizon wants at least 1 delivery attempt to the original address.

I already have my notes typed up and signed.

Sometimes, yes, they take the note. Fedex also has an option to file a waiver with them to leave packages without a signature. I have one on file with them, but even so they said it is at the driver's discretion, and you have to be in one of their "safe zones". I live in a good neighborhood so they will leave packages for me. But even with the waiver on file, I still leave a note just in case.

Yeah I just wrote a note earlier this morning, and left my tracking number and sig telling them to leave the phone. They did, and they took the note.

I wish I had a good FedEx driver. I was in the living room and the house door was open so they'd know somebody was home. To my surprise, I go outside and find a FedEx slip on the door. The guy didn't even bother to ring the door bell or knock. Thankfully I was able to get it a hour later at FedEx.

I wish I had a good FedEx driver. I was in the living room and the house door was open so they'd know somebody was home. To my surprise, I go outside and find a FedEx slip on the door. The guy didn't even bother to ring the door bell or knock. Thankfully I was able to get it a hour later at FedEx.

what kind of FedEx driver is that. should have at least rang the bell.

Sometimes they take the handwritten note, sometimes they don't - I know for the Incredible package it is "Indirect Signature" so if you find the FedEx Tag on your door, you can sign it and the next day the Driver will grab the note and leave your package.

true story- so this morning at 8am I noticed on Fedex.com/us/tracking my DI was at my local facility. I had to leave to go to my 10 am am class and so I figured I would just stop by and pick up my DI from the distribution center. I drove down to the Fedex center and talked to the registrar and she said unfortunately VZW insists their packages are delivered to the residence before allowing pickups! I was like, "that's a load of crap- I'm standing right here- here's my ID- I wont be home all day- driver will be wasting his gas" and she said, "I'm sorry sir, that's our policy"

So now I guess I'll have to drive down there again and get my DI... SOB's

I checked the FedEx website to see what I could find out about this, and found two things: First,

"Shipments with a declared value of less than US$500 may be delivered and released without obtaining a signature when the sender has authorized a release or, at our sole option, upon oral or written instruction from the sender or recipient. A shipment may also be released without a signature if the recipient has provided authorization by signing the Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Recipients (obtained through your local FedEx World Service Center or your FedEx account executive). We may authorize shipments released without signature to those with accounts in good credit standing and to those who otherwise have established a satisfactory payment history. We also reserve the right to release packages at residential delivery locations without obtaining a signature, provided that none of the restrictions below apply...."

Then it followed with a list about firearms, hazardous materials, you know... that kind of stuff.

Then, there's a whole section about the FedEx Door Tag system, but it sounds like you'd need to already have the door tags on hand. Here's the link to the page:

FedEx Services - FedEx Products and Services - FedEx Services Tracking at FedEx.com

Thanks everyone.

My FedEx dude is pretty cool. My fiance gets packages delivered almost daily (network marketing co.), so he knows us pretty well..heh.

I'll be writing a note..i'll let ya know if it doesnt work.

Thanks!

I was worried about not being home for delivery so I called my local FedEx and they told me to call the 800 number. The 800 CS told me if I left a dated, signed note on the door that they would leave the package. We'll see.

I've never tried leaving a note, but what I did was last time I saw my FedEx guy, I just asked him for the door tag in advance. He gave me a blank one and I just signed it and left it on the door.

I am actually doing the same. Part of me wanted to use a vacation day so i could be there when the phone got delivered so i could play with it all day haha. I called fedex last night and made sure that it was acceptable to leave a note, the lady said just to state you authorize the package to be left at the door, and sign the paper.

Sorry, I know this is a very old thread.

But, this is currently the #1 google search for "leave note for fedex".

I left a note for a Fedex verizon shipment. Just printed the fedex shipping page and signed it with "Please leave package". It worked!

I am praying that the Fed ex driver is sober enough to get my S5's here . The last driver that came smelled like beer was wearing a t shirt with stains and holes. He was driving a Van that the front right comer was crashed in .Who hires these people ?

Wow. 784 days, well done!

As to your question, FedEx drivers actually BUY their routes most of the time. So the answer is nobody hires them, they're the highest bidder.

Yes its an old thread but just want to update since this thread is the top result after fedex,com.
I left a note and fedex left the $900 package where I asked them to.
Just to make sure include the tracking# and sign your note.

Note: Might not work if you live in a neighborhood deemed "not safe" by FedEx.

Back
Top Bottom