• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Figured out why Froyo killed my bettery life.

Open Latitude, then click menu, and the icon with the 3 people bottom row middle, can't remember the name. But go there then the top option is turn off latitude.

This isn't quite right. To stop the application once it is running: open latitude, click on privacy in the menu, and then the top option is to turn it off.

Took me a bit to find this, not sure why they hid it in privacy settings.:thinking:
But, I actually got an email from google today warning me that latitude was running on my phone! Nice guys, hehe.

Reactions: vmbgap and bitrot
Upvote 0
To stop the application once it is running: open latitude, click on privacy in the menu, and then the top option is to turn it off.

Took me a bit to find this, not sure why they hid it in privacy settings.:thinking:.

I'm missing something, I open Latitude and it looks like Google Maps?

Then it says "Joining Latitude", then comes up with a screen that asks if I would like to share, I answer "Don't accept". Now I'm basically looking at Google Maps, then hit menu>more>Terms Privacy & Notices>Privacy Policy.

Does that sound about right? Because I see nothing to turn off.

Upvote 0
I'm missing something, I open Latitude and it looks like Google Maps?

Then it says "Joining Latitude", then comes up with a screen that asks if I would like to share, I answer "Don't accept". Now I'm basically looking at Google Maps, then hit menu>more>Terms Privacy & Notices>Privacy Policy.

Does that sound about right? Because I see nothing to turn off.

You're not signed in. If you select the 3 person icon, it will ask you to accept (if you do accept) it will then sign you in. From here you can reach the privacy menu where you can select to sign out of latitude.

so in short - you aren't signed in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones