• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Files that refuse to be deleted

Xyro

4 8 15 16 23 42
Earlier I had my N7 plugged into my PC and I tried to delete some files from there.

The files didn't get deleted, and they now appear to be stuck. I can't delete them via the PC, while a file manager, or even via the terminal with root permissions. Every time it just tells me the delete failed.

Has anyone else had that happen to them?

Try creating a new Nandroid, then do a FR, then see if you can delete that Nandroid.

It's a nandroid backup that is stuck.

But no, root explorer can't clear them either.

Try creating a new Nandroid, then do a FR, then see if you can delete that Nandroid.

I will probably just backup everything to my PC and reformat that part of the internal storage.

That's assuming I can do that from the recovery menu, I believe I can. Otherwise I'll try your suggestion.

Well, it took forever to transfer the files to and from my PC (I really dislike MTP), but I got rid of it by reformating the sdcard directory in recovery.

My guess is that the files were flagged as in use when I originally tried to delete them on my PC, and they got stuck like that when the delete failed, meaning no other programs could edit them.

Back
Top Bottom