• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Files won't download on evo?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
So I've had this issue for awhile, I've seen that others have had this issue. Don't know if there is a fix, but I've noticed that when I try to download big files, doesn't matter what format they will never fully download. If I'm on wifi or 3G it's the same. It either downloads the files as a wrong extension (.bin) or it downloads a tiny portion of the file, or it will start to download but then stall around 40% of the download.

What causes this? I never really noticed it until we got android 2.2, is it some kind of a security thing to keep people from downloading warez?

What is it that you're trying to download, and where are you getting it from? Is this happening with all files? I can guess based on what you said with .bin.

So I've had this issue for awhile, I've seen that others have had this issue. Don't know if there is a fix, but I've noticed that when I try to download big files, doesn't matter what format they will never fully download. If I'm on wifi or 3G it's the same. It either downloads the files as a wrong extension (.bin) or it downloads a tiny portion of the file, or it will start to download but then stall around 40% of the download.

What causes this? I never really noticed it until we got android 2.2, is it some kind of a security thing to keep people from downloading warez?

shouldnt be a 2.2 issue, are you rooted? if so theres a download attachment program in the market, id try that....

Back