• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally after 20+ tries I got Icarus!!!!!

Well I finally did it after all the failed attempts I used a card reader and all went smoothly. Now what I am wondering is how to use some of the xtras primarily apps2sd? And now that I have comethis far am I better off doing cm6 or 7? I really want to maximize my phone but I am completely new. I have read these forums everyday and I cant tell everyone how much help they have been,so I will just say THANK YOU!!!!! I think the best experience with my phone is learning all of its new capabilities. If there are any suggestions about what else I can do with Icarus please feelfree to drop a line or 2. Again Thank you so much for all the useful info!!!!:D:D

I guess your name says it all haha. Download setcpu, barnacle wifi tether, extended controls then your pretty much good to go. Congratulations on your achievement!

I remember how good it felt when I finally got Icarus installed too....now I am addicted, and I am always trying something or other...now I am running CM6, and have been pestering my friends and family that have the ascend, to let me put it on their phones. So far I put CM6 on my cousin's phone, and she loves it, and is amazed that I could do it with very little tech experience! That makes me feel good.

I guess your name says it all haha. Download setcpu, barnacle wifi tether, extended controls then your pretty much good to go. Congratulations on your achievement!

I appreciate the suggestions, already have em' except the tether Im on metro I dont need to tether. I did dl terminal emulator just trying to figure it out??

I remember how good it felt when I finally got Icarus installed too....now I am addicted, and I am always trying something or other...now I am running CM6, and have been pestering my friends and family that have the ascend, to let me put it on their phones. So far I put CM6 on my cousin's phone, and she loves it, and is amazed that I could do it with very little tech experience! That makes me feel good.

It did feel good to finally get it. Now I need to get the courage to try cm6. Think it might be a few weeks, I really like to learn all I can. Man I love my ascend!:D

Read the thread a2sd confusion and learn about what all you can do with a2sd. That will maximize your phone with icarus.

I appreciate the suggestions, already have em' except the tether Im on metro I dont need to tether. I did dl terminal emulator just trying to figure it out??

Well you're right about the tethering, it is metropcs.
There's not many other things you can do with the Ascend, sadly.

You should try CM7 with MMS. Video camera doesn't work with it. If not try CM6. I couldn't get a good signal with CM6 so I had to go with CM7. Video player is somehow better in CM7. It will help your phone out a lot more and has a beautiful display. Hasn't choked a bit since I put it on my phone until I was running about 20 apps which is really like that with most phones.

You should try CM7 with MMS. Video camera doesn't work with it. If not try CM6. I couldn't get a good signal with CM6 so I had to go with CM7. Video player is somehow better in CM7. It will help your phone out a lot more and has a beautiful display. Hasn't choked a bit since I put it on my phone until I was running about 20 apps which is really like that with most phones.

The signal as shown by the bars is not the true signal. Unless your phone says no service you have the equivalent of 1-2 bars. Its just a minor bug

It does this with both Cm6 and Cm7. Though there is a great way to actually check the signal strength. You can go into Settings > About phone > Status and scroll down to Signal Strength. I have the same as I did stock and with Icarus. Which is around 100-110dBm. That usually accounts to about 2 bars for me.

I know the lower the -(Negative) number is, The better. ^.^

Don't worry about the fluctuation of the bars, If you look at them during a call they usually become more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom