• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally Flashed!

Finally flashed my Hero, I've been on the fence about upgrading since I'm only eligible for the $75 discount.
So it's gonna cost me $425 for a new phone. Sprint has several great phones to chose from right now, but as great as they are I just couldn't pull the trigger. My poor Hero was in a sad state of super slow-mo and I was about to throw it against a brick wall!
Well I had rooted it several month's back, after much reading and studying the forums for all relevant info.
I'll have to say it went smooth as silk!
Guess all that reading paid off.
Never asked any questions, just read throw All the posts.
My hero has a new lease on life and will definitely get me through until June or if I just can't resist Sprint's Prime variation.
Thanks for all the help!

I wish I had studied more before routing & upgrading the rom from 2.1 to 2.3 on my Sprint HTC Hero. I can use the phone to make and receive calls, as well as to text. But I can't do email, wifi, or download anything from Google Play. The reason, I think, is because I didn't install Google Apps during the upgrade, so now no programs from my sd card have been downloaded; nor do any apps or rom from sd card show up when I reboot into recovery mode. No rom file shows to select to install. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones