• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally rooted M865c for Straight Talk

Ok well I have rooted the Straight Talk M865C and installed Rom Manager and tried flashing the cwm recovery to no avail. It shows that there is a recovery installed but it just won't boot into it at all. I have done what someone stated in an earlier post about erasing the recovery before installing the new one and that didn't work either. I could really use some help on how to get this fixed.

download busybox and supersu. replace superuser with supersu and completely reinstall busybox. then go to rom manager and fix the permissions and you should be able to install cwm no problem

So I definitely Rooted my phone and now have cma7...I wanted to go back to stock, but I have no idea what to do...Is there a flash recovery I can have some one or something?

The only update I found for ascend 2 is cricket and I'm on straight talk

Not sure what went wrong, but after installing both .apk's I run Poot and it d/l's the libraries. Once it hits 100% i get the message "you application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue"

Any advice or tips? I did restore to factory after the message came up a few times, and the message happened after the reset.

Thanks

sorry to bother yall but i really dnt know alot about this root stuff, just what ive read on here .this is my first android phone. i tried rooting my huawei ascend y h866c. i used poot like the forum said. root checker said my phone was rooted. after i did that i was in some app and everything on my phone got erased. it was backed up, but i didnt flash my phone, can anyone help me, please!!!!!!

hi i have a huawei ascend h866c i used clockworkmod and restored it now it's coming u image signature verify fail your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect signature please update yourimage to a signature official one. you can remove battery for powerdown. what do i need to do need my phone working :mad:

Also, is there any roms for the Straight Talk Ascend 2 (M865c) that anyone can reccomend works on theirs? I'm up to the point to where a rom would help. I'd really like to unlock multitouch on my phone, and improve ram performance.

I'm currently looking at this one.
CM9 HAWEI ASCEND 2 M865

But I'm wondering if it'll be what I'd like since the most recent version is just getting bluetooth activated.

No suggestions?

Unleashedprepaids now has some roms specialized for the m865c.
Unleashed PrePaids - Unleash the Power of Your Prepaid Phone!!! - Huawei Ascend 2 M865c

So I definitely Rooted my phone and now have cma7...I wanted to go back to stock, but I have no idea what to do...Is there a flash recovery I can have some one or something?

The only update I found for ascend 2 is cricket and I'm on straight talk

Ok, so here is the closest thing to stock that I have.

1. Boot into CWM recovery and then choose mount and storage.
  2. Select Mount USB storage.
  3. Unzip the file and copy the stock folder to clockworkmod/backup
  4. Once complete unmount usb
  5. Format /cache, /data, /cust, and /data2
  6. From CWM main menu choose backup and restore.
  7. Select to restore and from the list select stock
  8. Reboot and you should have 2.3.6 again.
This is the very basic stock settings, and does not include the apn information for data. (It only includes /system and /boot partitions.) You will have to enter that manually from the wireless settings page. I have included a file that contains all of the necessary information in the stock folder as well. I just tried it and it worked for me, so you should be fine.

Here is the link: https://anonfiles.com/file/907731b11be4d353df963d7a3cb1cda1

hi i have a huawei ascend h866c i used clockworkmod and restored it now it's coming u image signature verify fail your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect signature please update yourimage to a signature official one. you can remove battery for powerdown. what do i need to do need my phone working :mad:

I honestly don't know if the steps above will work for the h866c. I don't know anything about that phone, but you could give it a shot if you're desperate. I have no idea how similar the hardware is and whether this would cause a boot loop.

sorry to bother yall but i really dnt know alot about this root stuff, just what ive read on here .this is my first android phone. i tried rooting my huawei ascend y h866c. i used poot like the forum said. root checker said my phone was rooted. after i did that i was in some app and everything on my phone got erased. it was backed up, but i didnt flash my phone, can anyone help me, please!!!!!!

I would need more info to even have a chance at being able to help. Which app were you in when everything got erased? Was it just your data or system? Have you tried flashing a new rom? As many details as you can provide would be helpful.

Hi . i am kinda new with this so.... what else will i need to do to get this to work for straight talk ? a sim card ?
i have a new Huawei Ascend II M865

I just wanted everyone to know that this rooting method also works for the LG LGL75C (Optimus Zip) Straight Talk phone.

Finally was able to root this thing thanks to this post and all your work. I thank you sooooo much.

Can I get multi touch feature just by rooting my android ? I ' m currently using huawei ascend II 2.3.6 m865c. If there is anyway else plz tell me. BTW I have been searching on the internet and I heard some rumors about changing file's code or gesture something (which i know totally nothing about) to enable multi touch feature.

@The MC, Could you post a link to the exact rom you used for the ST M865C again please, this one's dead! I surely appreciate it, and i'll try the voicemail fix. I have a PlayfulGod Rom on it now, with no data service whatsoever. Although the Rom SMOKES, (really fast) I'd love to get my data plan back! Thanks!

i followed the steps, but when i got to step 5. it showed some text outputs like it should've, but it's last stuff said something about not being able to write the su binary and to reboot. after doing this still no root. any one have any idea what i might be doing wrong? this is a coworker's phone so i don't have it here to mess with.

How do I get my LGL75C into recovery mode.. Ive tried multiple things it just shows the android then a yield sign. Any help would be appreciated

I rooted my huawei ascend m865c with this method PERFECTLY but somehow I came unrooted and now it won't let me root using this method UGH I'm running. Cm9 ics 4.0.4 NOT ROOTED I THINK IM SOFT BRICKED DOES ANY ONE HAVE STOCK ROM FOR HUAWEI ASCEND M865C STRAIGHT TALK.

I'll have to wait till the 1st (SSI Cheque) to buy a new ROM. Could you please tell me which one you used so that I can be more sure of what I'm doing? I just don't want to screw it up. I'm fairly certain I can do it right, but knowing a ROM that will work, sets my mind to ease (a little!)
Thanks!
Daniel Smith19

Hi MC.

Thanks so much for all the info for Hauwei Ascend II M865C. The only question remains, which ROM to use. I went to the site us sugessted and can't seem to find any info on it. Is it possible you still remember which one you used? Also, Once I change ROM's should I or not continue to get "upgrades (PRL,etc.) from carrier?

If you are like me you have been searching for a way to root the Huawei Ascend ii for Tracfone / Straight Talk networks. Well my friends, wait no longer, thanks to the genius of giantpune. His exploit also works on the M865c.
Here is the link to his original thread.
Note: While this method should not cause any damage to your phone, I cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred. By rooting your phone you are taking full responsibility for any changes you make.

Step 1:
Download the Poot.apk and place it somewhere on you phone, internal storage or sd card, either will work.
Download Poot-debug.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
(This is the One Touch 910 /ARM5 link on giantpune's thread)

Step 2:
Download the ministro-ii.apk and place it somewhere on your phone.
http://androidforums.com/attachments/elite-all-things-root/38892d1346912490-optimus-elite-root-apk-ministro-ii.apk
(Again, this is a link from giantpune's thread.)

Step 3:
Install both the Poot.apk and ministro-ii.apk. (You will need to make sure that you have enabled "Unknown Sources" under the application settings menu of your phone before you will be able to install these apks.)

Step 4:
After both apks are installed open Poot. It will open up ministro and download quite a few libraries that are necessary for the Poot to work. Once it has completed click the button that says "Press here to poot" and hope for the best.

Step 5:
Pay attention the the messages displayed on the screen. Most messages should start with a [+], but you should see a couple of [-].
As long as the only warning messages you receive are the following, you should have successfully rooted.

[-]current && current != last + 1: 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again
A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 64

You will receive these messages because Poot does not recognize the M865c kernel and is unable to clean things up without rebooting.
Again, the three warnings listed above are nothing to worry about.

Step 6:
Reboot your phone to save changes and allow the exploit to take effect.

Step 7:
Open Poot and click on the button that says Built-in rootcheck to verify that your phone is rooted. As long as Poot is able to find 'su,' and it will display its path along with a corresponding message stating success.

Step 8:
Install the superuser app from the google play store. This app is necessary to run other apps as root.

Step 9:
You can now uninstall Poot and ministro, if you like. This should save you a little bit of space since the M865c has limited internal storage.

Step 10:
Thank giantpune for all of his work and consider donating to him because he did all of the work on this. I am only detailing my experience, he deserves all of the credit.

Poot fails time and again. "Your application has encountered a fatal error"
Any suggestions?

:confused::(After rooting my phone successfully(poot)everything was working fine this morning went to meeting so turned off phone,came out of meeting turned on phone and the only thing i got was green circle but nothing else.tried:mad: everything nothing but something to the effect of "keyboard not responding force shut down" i got home started reading everything from rom manager to clockwork.busy box.i had clock up for a second and i wanted to restore and nothing happened,now after all these hours that dam green circle is all i see...i can't make any phone call(no service)but i still get emails(go figure)any help or suggestions on this?

Back
Top Bottom