• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Fingerprint proof screen protector. Anyone know of a GOOD one?

htmlcssguru

Searched high and low but can't find info on a fingerprint resistant screen protector. Lots about clear and anti-glare. Anyone know of such a thing?

Don't think a fingerprint proof film exists. I have used the Steinheil anti fingerprint and it helps a LOT with reducing fingerprints and smudging but they still happen. Steinheil has a new oleophobic film available for some phones that should help reduce fingerprints and smudging but it's not available for the EVO yet and I don't know how it will affect the display clarity. That's the only thing about the anti fingerprint film that I don't like-it reduces the screen clarity quite a bit.

Don't think a fingerprint proof film exists. I have used the Steinheil anti fingerprint and it helps a LOT with reducing fingerprints and smudging but they still happen. Steinheil has a new oleophobic film available for some phones that should help reduce fingerprints and smudging but it's not available for the EVO yet and I don't know how it will affect the display clarity. That's the only thing about the anti fingerprint film that I don't like-it reduces the screen clarity quite a bit.

That's what i've been reading in some reviews, it works well in preventing the fingerprints but sacrifices clarity with a kind of 'haze'. Plus, from what I understand, the current EVO version doesn't have a hole cut for the front facing camera. Now, I don't know if that's a big deal since it's so close to the camera lens that it's probably invisible to it anyway. But, haven't heard any definitive issues about it.

I bought the Steinheil anti-fingerprint screen protector which has a matte finish. It worked well for fingerprints but I didn't like how it worked outside. I really couldn't read the screen outside. It does have a cutout for the front camera.

At the same time I ordered the Ultra Crystal version because I wasn't sure if I'd like the matte one. Once I found that I didn't like the first one, I installed the Ultra Crystal. Much better outdoors and I also found that it's actually quite good about fingerprints. Way better than the bare screen. Indoors you don't even notice that it's there, outdoors it has a slightly grey cast but not a problem. Overall, I'm quite happy with that one for both screen protection and fingerprint control.

Just installed the ultra clear steinheil today. It's great. Feels better than the naked glass, if you can believe it. A little tough to put on but after the second try finally got it on. Good thing it comes with two. So now with this protecting the screen and the innocase along with the option to put on the rugged case, ready for anything.

Both the Ghost Armor I'm using now and the Invisible Shield that I had on my previous phone greatly reduced the fingerprints on the screens.

My Zagg reduces fingerprints by turning the screen into a huge smear :D. I swear that I have to spray down my Zagg protected phone with windex about 5 or 6 times a day. Zagg shields are definitely tough, but they suck to keep clean.

Adam

I clean my screen with some stuff my girl has for her glasses. Not sure what it is called, but cleans with out harsh chemicals. Supposed to be finger print proof but it just reduces the amount you get. It depends on how much you touch the glass. Since this is a touch screen phone, it is safe to say you touch it a lot :D

Back
Top Bottom