• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fire Stick Boot Problem

0x24murf

Lurker
Jun 10, 2017
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help me here as the Fire Stick doesn't appear to be listed. I recently bought an Amazon Fire Stick and installed PIA (Private Internet Access) on it. The software has an option to autoload when the device boots up. The problem I am now having is that the Fire Stick boots up and auto loads the PIA client. This goes to the Login page, however the Fire Stick remote isn't doing anything so i cannot get off this page to the home screen.

What also seems to causing an issue is that the device doesn't appear to be connecting to the network now as I'm unable to see the device.

Any help on how to get off this screen or removing the client will be appreciated as i want to avoid factory resetting it.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones