• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First Bionic ROM: UNL3ASH3D-V1.0

Then it probably would not benefit you. others, though, are having their cell data completely drop, and only rebooting solves the problem. Still, others are having issues where the cell data drops, but a simple airplane mode on / off fixes it.

Obviously, for those two groups of BIONIC users, the new update may well be the best option for them so they can avoid these types of issues.

Upvote 0
No worries - I'm just trying to figure out if I can afford the down time on my phone - in the middle of planting right now, and I cannot afford the downtime.

I might power up my old DROID, activate it temporarily, and use it as the phone while I'm playing on the BIONIC, so that I don't get any disruption in service, an thus calls....

Upvote 0
Just wanted to give a tutorial on how to update to stock.893 and then r3blur3d 2.0 and maintain root. You can flash 2.0 right over 1.8 with no problems but you will not get the kernal and radio update.

1. Backup current rom and apps if you want.

2. Download what you are going to need.

[ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/22/2011) - RootzWiki

One-click fastboot restore and root for the bionic v2.1 - RootzWiki

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...found-update-files-read-before-you-flash.html
You can find your verision under settings-phone info

3.Power off Bionic and boot into fastboot by holding volume down and power.

4. Run one click restore and root.
When it is done restoring press y to run petes one click root and it will start up. Make sure debugging is enabled and then click root.

5. Root using forever root from p3droid with this method

RootExplorer Method (here is a video for those that need a visual. http://www.youtube.com/user/TweakMyDevice#p/u/3/cK2nDadZRS4)

go to /system/bin/
Long press mount_ext3.sh
open in text editor
add the following lines to the very bottom ( I put a space between the last line and the first added command )

Code:
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

then save. a backup of the original will be made.

ADB method

Code:
adb pull /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
open the file in your favorite text editor
add the following lines to the very bottom

Code:
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
Save file

Code:
adb push mount_ext3.sh /data/local
adb shell
mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system
cat /data/local/mount_ext3.sh > /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh
chmod 777 /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh

6. Reboot and make sure it took using rootexplorer

7. Copy the new update to the root of your sdcard-ext

8. Boot into stock recovery by holding down both volume keys and power button, volume down to recovery and volume up to select, when the triangle shows up press both volume keys and power.

9. select install update

10. select the update file. let it install it takes awhile

11. check to make sure you still have root

12. install and run bootstrap and rom manger

13. Delete unthrotlle folder on sd cards

14. do an nandroid back up

15. boot into cwr wipe dalvick, cache and format system

16. flash 2.0 and let it install

17. enjoy

Just in case something goes and you have .893 installed with no root.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7801-roo...ndows-get-root-after-893-ota-oops/#post189877

Upvote 0
I added code tags to the stuff you have to do in ADB / terminal.

Thanks for this, BTW....

Also, if you pull it to your computer and use something like Notepad, you may need to specify that it is saved as UTF, I think - ANSI will change it from *nix style file to DOS style, which, IIRC, changes the LF/CR methods at the end of every line, and may make the file unreadable in *nix (and thus, I'm guessing, Android).

I use Notepad++ on Windows because it will preserve the file type as it is opened....

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
Just in case something goes and you have .893 installed with no root.
[ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki

I think, I just ended up using Theory's and dhackers script that you linked above since it flashes the stock 886 system image and installs forever root. Then I installed Cheesecake to get the new radios and kernel. Then flashed R3Blurr3d 2.0.

Theory and dhacker made it a lot more simple. These devs are so frickin smart.

Upvote 0
I think, I just ended up using Theory's and dhackers script that you linked above since it flashes the stock 886 system image and installs forever root. Then I installed Cheesecake to get the new radios and kernel. Then flashed R3Blurr3d 2.0.

THEY ARE INDEED! I'd like to buy them a beer. Perhaps a keg even. Donating just doesn't seem like enough, but it is a start.

Upvote 0

I figured that would work but the op said it was for people already on. 893. With so many people bricking I stuck to the basics. I didn't want to experiment yet

Upvote 0
I figured that would work but the op said it was for people already on. 893. With so many people bricking I stuck to the basics. I didn't want to experiment yet

I ended up doing it today and went through the process. Its not bad, just follow the directions exactly and you will be fine.

I wasn't sure if initially I wanted to update it, but I really wanted the kernel and radio. I haven't gone anywhere today since its only been a few hours so I can't comment on whether or not their is a vast improvement.

I flashed .893 and reflashed r3blurr3d 2.0... it seems good, no lag or data issues so far. Headphones are working nicely too, the humming is almost non noticeable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones