• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First glimpse of Nexus 5?

Token meme anyone?

original.jpg
 
Even if it was an accident that's how they would play it off. A company as big as Google can't afford to make mistakes like that. Was it truly an accident? The world may never know.

Think about it, why would Google cone out with KitKat? It's obviously a competition for KK, but it's also a huge publicity opportunity for them, and if they can hide a hint in the whole saga, they might as well.
 
After watching the video with the alleged Nexus 5 leak I noticed that there are two employees in front. One has a Nexus 4 and the other the Nexus 5. There is another Google employee standing behind them with a Galaxy Nexus. This was too symbolic to be an accident.
 
I wonder if the screen will be 5+ inches? I do not want a phone with a screen that big! Just my opinion.
 
:ditto:
Actually, if that is the N5 (and Google have now pulled the clip lending a little additional credence) I'm kinda disappointed as this kinda suggests Google are going with the same ol' faster processor / bigger screen combo with maybe a slightly better camera.

Hopefully, I'm wrong ..
 
Well I'm all for the bigger screen. Looks bigger than the Nexus 4. If this meets my expectations, I'm all in. Maybe there will be a smaller version as well. There are people saying there will be a 4.7(Motorola?) and 5+(LG) in phones coming. We shall see.
 
Well I'm all for the bigger screen. Looks bigger than the Nexus 4. If this meets my expectations, I'm all in. Maybe there will be a smaller version as well. There are people saying there will be a 4.7(Motorola?) and 5+(LG) in phones coming. We shall see.
Moto X is basically a Nexus 4.7". Doubt you'll see a separately released device.
 
I'm curious what the price will be for the N5.
If it's like what some other people have rumored (MotoX-esque $5xx-$6xx) range, I may opt for the Nexus4 for now :D

I don't want to miss the N4 at the $250 pricing when they (Google Play store) removes it and puts the N5 up - at least I'd assume they'd take the N4 down when selling the N5 so as to not create internal competition with phones.
... that also assumes the N5 will be offered for Google Play store purchase.
 
In the past, the previous nexus has disappeared when the new one come out.

Also, I think the nexus 4 is mostly sold out. They tend to stop selling the old one a few weeks before the new one is announced. If you want the nexus 4 you're going to have to act on that fairly quickly.

If this nexus follows past nexiii, you can expect it to be in that $300-$400 price range off contract depending on storage options. I haven't seen anyone saying anything differently yet
 
... If you want the nexus 4 you're going to have to act on that fairly quickly...
You are 30% of the reason I'll have to explain to the wife why I just placed an order for $250+ worth if phone :D

I just put the order in for a 16Gb. Hopefully they're not sold out yet, as I understand the 8Gb sold out not too long ago. : crossing fingers:
 
Back
Top Bottom