• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Tablet ....ever questions

jgirvine

Newbie
Just ordered the Nexus 7. This will be my first tablet. I normally carry my phone and a netbook and use PDANET to tether to the netbook.

Questions...

What are the must have apps?
??
What should I use to open PDF and open and maybe edit Word and Excel?
??
Any one got a travel (either rollable or foldable) keyboard either USB or Bluetooth they just love?
??
What is the one thing you wish you had known about the Nexus 7 when you took it out of the box?
??

Thanks.
 
Just ordered the Nexus 7. This will be my first tablet. I normally carry my phone and a netbook and use PDANET to tether to the netbook.

Questions...

What are the must have apps?
??
What should I use to open PDF and open and maybe edit Word and Excel?
??
Any one got a travel (either rollable or foldable) keyboard either USB or Bluetooth they just love?
??
What is the one thing you wish you had known about the Nexus 7 when you took it out of the box?
??

Thanks.

Must have apps depend on what you actually intend to use your tablet for. PowerAmp for music, MX Video Player for videos, Quickpic for pictures.

It comes with a built-in viewer for pdf & doc files. Additionally, Kingsoft Office is a fully functional FREE office app for editing.

I only have a pocket-sized, mini Bluetooth keyboard, roughly the size of a credit card. I'm not sure if that is something that would suit you.

I wish I had known that you apparently can't go below 500MB of remaining internal storage before the tablet will not allow you to install any further apps, sighting "insufficient storage space"... (I have an 8 GB)
 
I wish I didn't go against my better judgement in deciding to be an early adopter but when this tablet does work it's pretty damn good. Just wish those moments didn't come with a lot of headache.

Also wish I knew that Bluetooth audio is pretty bad on ASUS/Nvidia Android devices.
 
I wish I didn't go against my better judgement in deciding to be an early adopter but when this tablet does work it's pretty damn good. Just wish those moments didn't come with a lot of headache.

Also wish I knew that Bluetooth audio is pretty bad on ASUS/Nvidia Android devices.

I use Rocketfish MAB stereo headphones. Sweet as honey with my music.
 
Must have apps:
Watch ESPN
Spotify
Evernote

PDF/Word/Excel apps:
Google Drive should handle all of those.

Bluetooth keyboard:
I have no idea. I don't really use it for that kind of thing. I'd love to see an accessory like something for the Transformers come out for it, though.

What I wish I had known:
That Samsung would come out with the Note 10.1. That thing looks AMAZING. It can't compete for price, but it sure has a bunch of really nice features. It looks like the most likely think to challenge an iPad for now.
 
Back
Top Bottom