• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

first thoughts and wallpaper issues?

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
I picked up my Evo yesterday and man do I love it!! I traded my MT in for it with the BB protection plan because it was having major software issues, especially this past week. I thought it was awesome timing for the phone to crap out because I've really been wanting the Evo! I just had to pay the $20 difference in the price and I chose to buy another plan for the Evo since their plans have treated me so well in the past :)

I really love this phone but DANG it's so hard for me to get used to the HTC sense thing lol! I haven't customized it a whole bunch yet. I have to get my swift key x back pronto because I'm pretty useless at typing on any keyboard other than that one.
It takes great pictures and I love the different in phone editing options to make them look vintage or what have you.
So far my only gripe about the phone is it seems like it takes way longer to charge than the MT but the battery life is way better.

I've seen some screen shots and they look great....I can't figure out how to get the wall paper to fill the whole screen. Even if i try one of the wallpapers that come on the phone (which are pretty dang cool, for once) there's about a 1cm gap of black at the bottom above the bar thingie.
How can I get rid of this? Help? :)

just got my phone today, and i agree with you on the HTC sense garbage. its pretty and all, but kinda useless and flashy.

but i am loving the phone and cant wait to get home and ACTUALLY start playing with it X_X

I like it and all it's just so different from my MT that I'm having a hard time getting adjusted haha. I need some more time :P

I don't know what you're talking about with the wallpaper. mine looks fine *shrug*

The battery life in deep sleep mode is magnificent (As long as you keep 3G off). I slept for about 12 hours, and when I woke up the battery had only went down one percent.

Other than that, the battery life is pretty average. Hopefully, some custom ROMs can save it.

I don't know what you're talking about with the wallpaper. mine looks fine *shrug*

The battery life in deep sleep mode is magnificent (As long as you keep 3G off). I slept for about 12 hours, and when I woke up the battery had only went down one percent.

Other than that, the battery life is pretty average. Hopefully, some custom ROMs can save it.

I don't know how to take screen shots. But every wall paper I have there's a black bar about a cm high above the bottom bar where it says phone, all apps, messages etc. It like cuts off the bottom of the wallpaper and replaces it with blackness. :(

Back
Top Bottom