• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fix for OTA Phone Icon disappearing now available

nice! they are on top of this.

Yes they are! Although mine says downloading updates but it is just sitting at 0%. It is two Updates one called Lock Screen and one called Widget. I wonder if the servers are overloaded. I will be a guinea pig again and cancel the update to see what happens.

Update: I canceled the update and then Restarted my phone. Once my phone rebooted I checked for the updates again and they were there. They installed with no problem and then I rebooted again for good measure (and if you read the detail it says to restart. When I go to edit my Lock Screen short cuts Phone is back!

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Cool!! Man, I'm loving HTC right now. What a difference (I'm coming from a Motorola phone). I had a G1 that I replaced with a Cliq. What a horrible decision. For the last year, I've wished I could have my G1 back (mainly because of Motorola's atrocious support and lack of timely updates). HTC, on the other hand, really seems to be on the ball.

Upvote 0
Been checking all morning and the fix for the earlier OTA which removed the phone icon from the Lock screen is now downloading.

I just got my phone and updated the software, it now says software # is:

Is this the most up to date version that includes all fixes? When I looked for updates it only found one and installed it, when I know there have been like 3 or so updates.

I wonder if when you search for updates and #3 is the most recent, then if you're coming from stock it must only install #3 and include all previous updates as well. However if you're coming from #2 and download #3, perhaps it only installs the incremental change between the 2?

Thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind. After installing this update I searched for subsequent updates and it says no more updates available. After waiting for awhile I just searched again, and it found the subsequent updates. So I think I got everything now, sorry for any confusion!

Upvote 0
I just got my phone and updated the software, it now says software # is:

Is this the most up to date version that includes all fixes? When I looked for updates it only found one and installed it, when I know there have been like 3 or so updates.

I wonder if when you search for updates and #3 is the most recent, then if you're coming from stock it must only install #3 and include all previous updates as well. However if you're coming from #2 and download #3, perhaps it only installs the incremental change between the 2?

Thoughts?

No, there are other updates. THe HTC Watch stuff for one.

Upvote 0
I think there has been 5 updates so far since its release. make sure you reboot the phone once done

It auto reboots after install, and when you go back in to search for more updates it told me there are no more updates for your phone.

After waiting for awhile however I went back in and tried again, then it found the fixes for HTC Watch, Lock Screen, HTC Widget, and others.

So there appears to be a lag from the time you install the original OTA update, and the time it recognizes the subsequent OTA updates (fixes). This is where I got confused, I knew there were more fixes but it was telling me none were available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones