• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root fix for stock 4.4.2 lockscreen settings for metro stock rom

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
HELLO THIS IS ANDROID ADMIRER HERE WITH THE FIX FOR THE LOCKSCREEN SETTING ISSUES THAT OUR STOCK KITKAT 4.4.2 ROM HAS HAD

O.K FIRST DOWNLOAD THIS ZIP IT'S THE STOCK SECSETTINGS.APK AND SETTINGS.ODEX
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep1fpnvfp5hoczd/original_stock_settings.zip

UNZIP IT USING A FILE EXPLORER
TAKE THE NEW FILES AND COPY THEM TO THE PRIV-APP FOLDER IN THE SYSTEM FOLDER

SAY YES TO OVERWRITE THEM

THEN GO INTO EACH FILE AND CHANGE PERMISSIONS LIKE down below

AND THEN REBOOT

YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE S5 SETTINGS OR MULTIWINDOW ANY MORE BUT EVERYTHING WILL WORK AGAIN

Attachments

• 5bc05816-018e-59b3.jpg
    5bc05816-018e-59b3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 223
Thanks buddy. As far as the T399N Galaxy Light Metro PCS, you are the man. The custom rom works as well as your settings update. Will be looking out for anything else you post, keep up the good work bro.

Thanks buddy. As far as the T399N Galaxy Light Metro PCS, you are the man. The custom rom works as well as your settings update. Will be looking out for anything else you post, keep up the good work bro.
Do you do this with your PC and usb cable or all on your phone?

Hey no you do this by using an file explorer app I use "root explorer"
So you download this zip put it on sdcard use file explorer to find zip and extract the sec settings.apk and settings odex file and then move both files to the priv-app folder that is located inside the system folder
So put those files inside there and when you do it will tell you that those files already exist do you want to overwrite then say yes

And then reboot your phone and it will be fixed

So you download this zip put it on sdcard use file explorer to find zip and extract the sec settings.apk and settings odex file and then move both files to the priv-app folder that is located inside the system folder
So put those files inside there and when you do it will tell you that those files already exist do you want to overwrite then say yes

Got it. I have ER Explorer, part of AppMaster, that should do it, right. Really appreciate the help while I am learning!!

I grabbed Root explorer, seems much better then ER explorer and seemed to work fine.

Back
Top Bottom