• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FIX] MMS in Gingerbread rom

reppard

Android Enthusiast
After first boot reboot into recovery and flash this to get mms working.
MMS FIX PATCH: http://db.tt/6wxyYtV
Thanks to endoki over at xda because I ripped apart his metroff for the ascend to make this patch.

Post results please.

not to be mean reppard but post this in your rom thread instead, thats what reserves are for :) it helps clear clutter and lets people know exactly what this is relevant too.

not to be mean reppard but post this in your rom thread instead, thats what reserves are for :) it helps clear clutter and lets people know exactly what this is relevant too.

Thought this was relevant to more than just my rom as this could be a fix for mms for any gingerbread based custom rom that others might start working on.

my mms is still not working.it just gets stuck on downloading..flashed zip through recovery and rebooted again after rebooting.still no go..any ideas?

Hmmm if you flashed the original metroff it could have an ill effect. Try wiping and reflashing the rom. Then make sure you boot once before rebooting to recovery and then flash the update. Hope that helps.

damn,i just did a fresh install but i didnt reboot before flashing the MMS.zip.i did it back to back..when im done batch restoring all my apps,im gonna try to see if it works.thanks for the suggestions and your awesome rom cooking skills!this rom is hella-fire..lmao ill post what happens with the MMS issue.

Hmmm if you flashed the original metroff it could have an ill effect. Try wiping and reflashing the rom. Then make sure you boot once before rebooting to recovery and then flash the update. Hope that helps.

I HAVE WORKING MMS!!!!:)
this is exactly what i did and it worked!

flashed a fresh install of CM7.right after i flashed the rom i immediatly flashed your MMS.zip.then i rebooted and tried it with no luck.then i rebooted and flashed the MMS.zip again and then i tried to redownload the MMS pic i was sent and VIOLA! WORKING LIKE A CHARM!
i knew as soon as i flashed it the second time it was gonna work..i stated before that i almost NEVER have a good signal showing since i flashed the CM7 beta.but while in the same part of my house that i have a bad signal,once the zip flashed the second time and i booted up,I INSTANTLY had 3 of 4 bars strong.so you fixed 2 of my problems in 1 shot!!
VERRRRRY NICE WORK! 3 thumbs up!

Thanks Reppard, I am now able to receive MMS...however not able to send. One is better than nothing.

Update:
Maybe it needed to settle in... a few minutes after I was able to receive... I was able to send. Oh happy days!!

Can provide step-by-step guide? I am very new and would like to avoid any mistake.

After the update, do I need to restore program & data?

Back
Top Bottom