• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fix this drawer

Dave012345678910

It did have too much in it, but I'm pretty sure thar's not why it broke. There are little nails sticking out and the left drawer slide came off it. The drawer front is off, too. Is this going to take a pro? There's a bottle of Gorilla Glue.

If it isn't actually broken and just came apart, it can be put back together with some tools. It really should be nailed back together. If it is glued back together, it will require some clamps to hold the drawer together while the glue dries. I would not trust it from failing apart again if used. The drawer was either improperly constructed, over worked, or abused to fall apart. Unless it is reconstructed better than it was originally, you can expect it to fail again.

I took pictures and tried to send them but it said they were too big. I said it wrong about the drawer slide. Actually the side of the drawer is separate and the slide is still stuck to it. I wish I could show what I mean.

Another day, another drawer, but this one's part of a table. I guess somebody pulled on it too hard. The slide on the left side is stuck to the drawer, and the one on the right is stuck to the other side of the table. I took some pictures this time too, but I probably won't have any better luck putting them on here. Sure enough, I tried with just one and it still said it was too big to process.

Your best chance of repairing the drawer will be to put the hardware back into its original position.
If the table has another drawer, try duplicating the hardware setup. If not, you will have to use a bit of understanding on how the hardware interacts with what is anchored to the drawer and what is anchored to the table.

Back
Top Bottom