• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fixed***LG e739 - OTA S/W ClockmodRecovery Loop

I am in need of some major help...

Ok, When I first got my Mytouch I used a free tool called Unlock Root (Windows) to root my phone. After messing around with it I used the same tool to unroot my phone and hadn't messed with it since. Last night T-Mobile rolled an OTA S/W update onto my phone. Now when I hold Power+Volume Down button the screen is stuck in "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading...screen." When I pulled the battery for an hour nothing happened. However, when I turn my phone on and off normally it goes straight into the ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.5.7, it's stuck in this loop I no longer have root access or ROMmanager installed so I don't know how I could flash a new ROM, etc? I really appreciate any help I could get.

****Updated****
(NOTE - These were the steps I took if you want to try and save your data, skip the first step and let me know if it works. Also if you root your phone again in the future and then unroot it clockmodRecovery is still on the phone and will cause major problems with any future updates. Check the forum for a .zip file needed to completely put the phone back to stock still its rooted state.)

Was able to find a fix to this problem. If you had an OTA software push onto your phone and it is stuck with in the phase above, here is a simple solution to fix your problem:

~If you are able to access the ClockmodRecovery screen go to *Backups and Storage* and format system, data, sd card, user, etc. Also wipe Dalvick, cache, etc.

~Go to this site an download the LG-E739 Support Tool (PC only)

~Turn off phone and pull battery.

~Turn on phone with Power+VolumeDown held together

~When the "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading...screen." is visible, use USB to plug in and run the LG Support Tool.

and that's it, it will take about 30mins to run, everything will be restored to stock, when you are able to access your phone run the software updates from the settings menu, it will not loop clockmodRecovery is now removed from the phone as well.

When I plug in my phone via usb and run the support tool, it tells me that my phone is already upgraded. Do I still leave it like that for 30? Did it ever say that it was updating on your support tool?

Back
Top Bottom