• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ FIXED! ] NEED HELP ASAP! Boot loop

WD9

Lurker
I have an R800X for verizon

Had 2.3.4 installed

Managed to unlock bootloader and root afterwards, phone rebooted fine.

Tried to follow steps to install recovery using the root explorer method to copy the bin and xbin folders to the system folders but was unable to set permissions. After this did not work I figured I'd reboot the phone and try again but now the phone just boot loops, doesn't get to the android screen, just the Sony Ericsson screen the reboots.

I have no CWM or other recovery installed and tried both flashtool and the Sony Update program and buth say they cannot recognize the phone, do not support it and just plain don't work.

I need help ASAP as this is my only phone and I have no funds to get another.

I have an R800X for verizon

Had 2.3.4 installed

Managed to unlock bootloader and root afterwards, phone rebooted fine.

Tried to follow steps to install recovery using the root explorer method to copy the bin and xbin folders to the system folders but was unable to set permissions. After this did not work I figured I'd reboot the phone and try again but now the phone just boot loops, doesn't get to the android screen, just the Sony Ericsson screen the reboots.

I have no CWM or other recovery installed and tried both flashtool and the Sony Update program and buth say they cannot recognize the phone, do not support it and just plain don't work.

I need help ASAP as this is my only phone and I have no funds to get another.

Which flashtool did you try using?
You might want to use this flashtool-0.6.8.0-windows.exe

and this firmware
R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf.zip

Seeing this in the New Post Thread so PM me if you have any questions.
-Cheers

Managed to get it fixed by downloading Verizon R800x 2.3.4 with doomkernel+wifi modules.rar and basically using the fastboot and following the included instructions to save my phone from certain doom.

- Extracted the files from the nandroid backup .rar into a "clockworkmod/backup" folder I made
- Installed the 2.3.4 doomkernel using flashboot
- Booted into the recovery mode using the back button
- Booted into the CWM 5 recovery mode
- enabled usb mass storage under advanced options
- Copied the "clockworkmod/backup" folder with the nandroid backup files in it to the SDcard root directory
- Did a factory reset then wiped the cache and dalvik cache
- went to the backup and restore menu and restored the nandroid backup
- rebooted phone and YAAAAY! VICTORY!!!

That was scary @_@

Back
Top Bottom