• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed 2.0.1 SBF, phone won't update to 2.1

johninbigd

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2009
I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I'd start a new thread for this problem. I have a Droid I need to send back to Verizon, so I want to get it back to stock. It had been running CyanogenMod, so I wanted to flash the 2.0.1 SBF. For some unknown reason, I flashed it with SPRecovery again. I waited for that to finish and then flashed the 2.0.1 SBF like I originally had meant to.

It seems to be running 2.0.1 just fine, but it will not download the 2.1 update. I get a notification that says 2.1 is available. I hit the Download button and it acts as if it is starting the download, but then it goes back to the screen that says 2.1 is available. It never downloads the update.

I really want to get this to a stock 2.1 before I send it back.

Any thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones