• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed a backup, now phone is completely dead

oibarra93

I was working on my GR in clockwork recovery, and I backed up my phone, and flashed it with an older rom that had virgin mobile activation on it. As soon as it was done, I rebooted, and that was it. The phone won't turn on, no led lights, no vibration, no sign of life both on a full battery, and on a charger.

Is there any way of saving this little guy? I might tear it open and perform surgery, I've read on other posts that sometimes the battery cable just needs to be reconnected.

Has anyone else had this problem?

That's a hard brick. Head over to XDA and look for SD Boot. You can get the phone to boot into recovery with a file on the SD card. From there, Odin and a ROM, stock or otherwise, should get you going again.

It's so easy that the second time you do it, it shouldn't take 15 minutes, including reboot times.

Hmm I've been looking around and there's a lot of talk, but I don't see instructions or solutions. And I did end up taking it apart, disconnected everything, reconnected everything, and I'm still nowhere.

No power to the phone at all.

You've hard bricked your phone, for some reason your kernel didn't boot... I'm working on a recovery method, maybe you could help me? I need a bricked reverb and mine still works, hope you'll help

Also Odin won't help in this state as you can't even boot the phone into Odin mode, hopefully we can recover it but there's no guarantee

You've hard bricked your phone, for some reason your kernel didn't boot... I'm working on a recovery method, maybe you could help me? I need a bricked reverb and mine still works, hope you'll help

Also Odin won't help in this state as you can't even boot the phone into Odin mode, hopefully we can recover it but there's no guarantee

What exactly would you need?

something called jtag. its something you use to make the phone boot into download mode. search google and it will show you what it looks like

I know i'm extremely late but did you ever get it working?
If not, try using odin to restore a stock firmware package. (Do your own googling)

Back
Top Bottom