• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashed to Straight talk. having issues

The wife and I both have the eltevo, and both are flashed to straight talk. We haven't had any problems out of either one till yesterday. The wife tried to make a call and it rings a few times and goes to a recording for a Verizon representative. I try calling her and it tell's me that the number has been changed or is no longer in Service. We just added another month a few days ago and on their site it shows the right end date and that the phone is active. Straight talk says to shut off and back on then dial *22890. Have heard not to dial this on a flashed phone. What else do I need to check or do? Help!!!! Thanks in advance.....

*228 reloads the Preferred Roaming List. Flashed or not should have no effect. And it should have no effect on whether your phones work. Go to Straight Talk/Tracfone Compatibility Test and put in your ESNs, one at a time. If both phones are eligible, go to Facebook (if you don't have an account, make one) and go to ST's page. That's where their best tech support people are. I've heard of people spending a frustrating week on the phone with ST, only to have a FB rep clear the problem up in 5 minutes.

If the page shows your phones aren't eligible you have a problem, and they should never have signed you up. (I've only heard of that happening once.)

If sounds like a communications screw-up between Verizon and ST (and that only happens on days that end in "y" [or days that don't].)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones