• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing Custom Rom to Sidekick 4g

ImaCliqr

Lurker
Hello!
I'm officially going nuts!
I've looked all over the forum here and all over the internet for a solution to my problem. I have tried pretty much everything I have found online to fix this but nothing is working.
I used SuperOneClick to root my Sidekick 4G. I have tested root and I have been declared successful. Unfortunately, I haven't had any success in flashing a ROM to my phone. From what I've read, when I boot to CWM manually or using ROM Manager, lettering is supposed to be orange or red. But everything is still blue and my phone is still flashing the stock ROM by Samsung. I have tried a couple of ways to manually flash a different recovery image but nothing seems to work.
I really hope something checks this and is able to help out soon because the whole point in my rooting my phone is because I've been having major issues with it freezing and not wanting to really work much at all. From what I've read online, flashing a custom rom solved alot if not all of these issues.

Whatever other information is necessary in helping y'all solve my problem, I will be happy to provide. Just let me know. Thanks!

I believe "ROM Manager" will install CWM for you. If you have root, just download the app and it should set you all up.

The real way is to download a recovery image, and then from ADB or a root prompt use "flash-recovery <filename>"

You can find all the ROMs/Recoveries on XDA-Developers.com

Back
Top Bottom