• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing needed after screen replacement?

irish1968

Lurker
I replaced the digitizer touch screen on a Samsung Galaxy SM-T210r tablet, and the bottom touch buttons (menu, back) are not working properly. Menu button does not pop up the menu, it does other things, such as select an icon on the bottom row, above it, or nothing at all. The back button does the same, and the screen sometimes freezes up. The screen supplier said to flash the tablet, then let them know. If that doesn't resolve the issue, they say they will send another replacement screen. Now, I have repaired other tablets and phones, but never heard of this needing to be done after a screen replacement, nor have I had to do it, unless for other reasons. I have only flashed a tablet due to it being bricked, needing the OS to be re-installed, or flashing a phone to change the OS to fully remove Rogers apps and logo. Has anyone had to flash a tablet to get a new touch screen working?...or, could this be a line of BS to delay me, since I got it from an ebay supplier, and only have 30 days from delivery to get a refund or replacement? Answers needed ASAP please!

Back
Top Bottom