• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing own stock ROM from Flashtool

SavageRobot

Android Expert
I'm currently running a custom ROM on 14.5.A.0.207 but I always seem to have problems with custom Lollipop ROM's so was thinking about trying stock instead and just finding what mods I want myself. I think I heard somewhere (but want to check first before I mess up) that you can just untick Kernel in Flashtool and it will flash the whole new file but you will keep your recovery and root.
Is this right? So I plug my rooted custom ROM with recoveries etc into Flashtool, select Devices>Check Updates>C69XX (obviously running C6903)>1276-0875, Customized UK, 14.5.A.0.270>Download & Decypt etc
Then select all in folder list and push the "->" to get everything into the folders and click "Create"
Then flash in flashmode, wipe everything and select exclude kernel only and flash and all will work OK?

Root probably wouldn't work. The root process places additional files in the system partition so if you're overwriting that, you're over writing the work done in the rooting process.

I'm not sure where the recovery sits either (the Z1 doesn't have a dedicated recovery partition). It's either /boot or /system, probably the latter.

There's a guide somewhere for creating a pre rooted stock ROM from an FTF file which sounds like what you're looking for? Want me to dig that out?

I think so, but I don't remember it being that easy :p

I'm about to leave for work, gimme a bit and I'll have a search later on tonight when it gets quiet.

Although that will be fine I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom