• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing Samfirmware with Odin

keith1764

Lurker
Based on various sites and forums (I cant show you which ones because I'm not allowed to post urls) I tried flashing my phone with Odin3 v1.85 and the firmware from Samfirmware.

I have KIES and the drivers installed on my PC. KIES recognizes the phone with no problems.

I press the power and both volume buttons until the screen says "Downloading" and connect it to my computer while Odin is running. The first "ID:COM" box turns yellow and displays "0:[COM6]".

I check the "PDA" box and click the "PDA" button to load the .tar.md5 file. The only other boxes that are checked are "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" (because they were already checked and I didn't want to change any defaults).

Here is the output:
Code:
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T589UVKF1-T589UVKF1-T589UVKF1-HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
It gets stuck at "SetupConnection.." and I have to remove the battery to get the phone out of "downloading" mode (I don't know if that's normal or not)

Does anyone know if I should be using a different version of Odin or if I'm doing something else wrong?

TIA

I found the answer on my own. The firmware from samfirmware.com (can't provide the link, you have to register and search) is a "one package" file. The "one package script" and Odin v4.40 are available here (requires registration):

Code:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f200/samsung-t589r-flasher-needed-urgently-1429361/

Decompress, run Odin, click the "OPS" button, browse to the Gt2_tmo_v1.0.ops file, click the "One Package" button, browse to the samfirmware file, click start, and you're good to go.

I followed the same directions, But I get this every time:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> --- cannot open the usb serial port. code: 2