• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing this phone to metropcs

lostman88

Lurker
So my friend is selling me a good sidekick 4g for 20$ and im intrested but. I have metro pcs and I do not know if I can flash this phone over. I heard that metropcs has stopped flashing over phones so may i get some help?

Metro PCS is a CDMA network, while the Sidekick runs on GSM(sim card), so I believe it is impossible to run the SK on Metro. Perhaps don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Metro PCS is a CDMA network, while the Sidekick runs on GSM(sim card), so I believe it is impossible to run the SK on Metro. Perhaps don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.
But i heard that people can flash iphones DRIODS and things like that over but i really not too sure about that i know i saw one happen but i dont know if it kept its 4g. But i really dont care if i keep 4g or not

Well, from what I understand, phones that run on Verizon and Sprint would be more likely to be flashable to Metro PCS. Tmobile and AT&T phones are supposedly just incompatible with CDMA networks. So yeah, the Verizon Droid might be a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom