• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Force GPU renderering.

After updating from GB to ICS there was new settings option in the phone, its called 'delevoper options' nice stuff, option 'show screen updates' makes your phone a flickiring rainbow. But there is a option, that got my eye. 'Force gpu renderering' . It was unchecked in my phone, and as i heard, this option makes your phone better for apps, like games and stuff. Is that true?

This option forces GPU rendering for older apps that aren't optimized for ICS (maybe Honeycomb too, I'm not sure when it was introduced). On some apps it makes them better. On compatible (optimized) apps it makes no difference. On some apps it makes them unusable.

I've been running my GNex since December with it off. I think it is really for devs to test app compatibility with ICS.

Just found one thing, if you check force gpu renderering, restart the phone, wait for all things to load, and if you try to mix you home sreens (for example, swap first with third), you wont get smooth movemet, like in destkop auto arange, but your page will be stuck in the position you moved, until you move something again. If you unheck force gpu ren. and restart the phone, everything is back to normal.

What i what to ask, do this happens only for me, or for everyone? (I am using Stock ICS 4.0.3). And of corse, why this is happening?

Back
Top Bottom