• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ford Sync?

I got a new Ford Fusion a couple weeks ago, and it reads text messages just fine from my S4. However, it won't play music through the USB. :( It will play a song I downloaded from Gmail that is stored on my phone (and a couple other Samsung audio files stored in that folder), but it will not play music stored on my SD card (where I obviously have the majority stored). Anyone have any work arounds for that? I'd like to be able to play songs from my phone.

Upvote 0
I got a new Ford Fusion a couple weeks ago, and it reads text messages just fine from my S4. However, it won't play music through the USB. :( It will play a song I downloaded from Gmail that is stored on my phone (and a couple other Samsung audio files stored in that folder), but it will not play music stored on my SD card (where I obviously have the majority stored). Anyone have any work arounds for that? I'd like to be able to play songs from my phone.

The phone won't mount like a USB thumbdrive. You have to use the bluetooth connection and play your music from there.

Alternately, just go buy a thumbdrive for $20 and your music will always be in your car - ready to play.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones