• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forums blocked on corporate network

This just started happening today at a place I'm working at and connecting to their corporate guest wifi. Only the forums are being blocked (as malware) not the main site.
I don't have access to IT here to inquire about it but perhaps management could look into why the forums might be blocked. I suspect this isn't the only place where it's happening.

Last edited:
This just started happening today at a place I'm working at and connecting to their corporate guest wifi. Only the forums are being blocked (as malware) not the main site.
I don't have access to IT here to inquire about it but perhaps management could look into why the forums might be blocked. I suspect this isn't the only place where it's happening.
its because of the .club url extension. you have to manually make this site acceptable.

here is my thread about it:

Last edited:
Ah ok I probably read that too just forgot.
Wonder why it took this long to get blocked, it's been working on that network since the change up until today.
Oh well it is what it is, nothing I can do about it.

I just use Internet Explorer 11 and it doesn't care. I don't need a browser to babysit me, as I've been into computers since Fortran and CP/M. Last thing I need is an OS or app holding my hand like a child.

Also blocked on my home ISP. At first this site was 'down' intermittently but now it seems permanent. Using Tor Browser to get around the problem.

I had to put in a request with Xfinity for them to whitelist the site with their "Advanced Security ". It looks like it processed as I couldn't access the site on my home network for a few days.

Back