• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Found my battery drain, I think

mplevy

Android Expert
I had been using IMEasy for its multiple-account capability, I found my phone running warm when multiple accounts were connected though, and the battery drained fast; down to 70% in 3 hours in a poor signal area. I thought it was the poor signal. Installed Trillian yesterday, it's connected to 3 IM accounts and after 5 hours I'm only down to 90%, in the same area. I've been a happy Trillian user on the PC, I already had an Astra account from that so setup was SIMPLE. I HIGHLY suggest this app, though it's still in Beta and it IS missing a couple options I would like they're not critical issues to me, and I'm sure they'll fix them.

Beta is available from their site,
Trillian - IM, Astra, Windows Live, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, MySpace, AIM, Email, and more!

I know this sounds like an ad but I'm just a happy customer.

The 2 missing items (maybe one really) are the ability to set the notification tone in the app and the ability to change the notification LED color in the app.

nice find there - didn't know that Trillian was moving into the Android world.

I'll definitely have to check it out....

Can you create a group in Trillian ?

Palringo is still working on thier app for android (still has a way to go) and its in the market. This was a fantastic app on windows mobile but not so much yet on android. But it had the ability to greate groups wich is a very nice feature. After a long tuff search we finally find something to work gtalks partychat.

Back
Top Bottom