• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Free Earbuds for U.S. Buyers

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
As has been widely reported, the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra phones in the United States do NOT include the AKG-tuned USB earbuds, unlike the rest of the world. Reports are that US customers can request the earbuds, which will be provided at no cost.

However, my experience is that reports are only partially correct.

I requested the earbuds after providing my order number, so the Samsung representative could verify the purchase. Rather than ship out the earbuds, though, I was advised that a $30 promotional credit was being sent via email and to expect it in the next 24 hours. I could then use the promo code to order the earbuds.

Hopefully, the promo code includes shipping! Otherwise, I'll be sending Samsung a Direct Message on Twitter.

Not that I intend to use the earbuds: I don't. I have the best Bluetooth earbuds in existence and the best Bluetooth headphones on order (yeah, the Chief spoils himself)... but when I go to sell this device, including those earbuds will be a draw for buyers.

If you're a US Note 20 buyer, don't just accept the fact that the rest of the world got USB earbuds and you didn't... all you have to do is ask for them. And if you get a $30 code, you could always spend it on something else...

Saw this on XDA-Developers website last night and was gonna post here but you beat me to the chase. Someone on there commented a few hours ago that they did just get the $30 credit
So, I contacted Samsung asking about this. Took forever, but they just gave me a $30 credit....

Guess I'll add that while I do intend on getting some Galaxy Buds Plus with my Samsung pre-order credit, I still do in fact want some wired headphones. I usually spend an hour or two on YouTube each night before I go to sleep, so I use my current AKG's practically every night. I wouldn't want to have to worry about the Bluetooth ones every night, I'd keep those for my daily uses.

So, I just got off of Samsung chat. and they are mailing me a pair of type C earbuds within 3 days. Process went smooth. A little long, but smooth. Took 45 minutes, but thank God for multiple monitors and multitasking LOL.

Anyway, pretty painless. I told her that I've had every note phone from the 3 to the 9, and skipped the 10, and got the 20 Ultra yesterday and explained that this was the first phone that shipped without headphones in the box, and because I skipped the 10, I never received any pairs of type c buds. She said no problem, asked for my name, address, email, phone# and IMEI number. Then created a ticket, and that seemed to take forever, but she kept replying with status, "working on it" "still creating" "almost finished" etc... Then she gave me a ticket number, and said "USB-C headphones will be shipped within 3 business days from the date of the ticket creation." She never offered me the $30 gift card. No sweat though as I actually do want the type c buds, and this is probably faster, than if she gave me the credit, then I'd have to order myself, blah blah blah.

I also processed my pre-order promotion for the $150 on the shop Samsung app last night and it got approved. Said I'll get the $150 credit within 4-6 weeks. WTH?? Oh well. With that, I plan on getting Galaxy Buds Plus. (not quite sold on the Galaxy Buds Live based on reviews and comparisons)

Kudos to you!

Yeah, I'm either going to send these to our techy former tax deduction (now living in Texas) as an early Christmas gift; or sell them. He ordered a pair in bronze, while mine are black. But if he doesn't mind the color, he can return those and get these for nothing. Yeah, I'm a cool Dad like that LOL

So on the 21st when I chatted with support, they gave me a ticket number, but no way to track it. So this last Friday, Aug 28th, I went back to support to check status. After 3 agents, I finally got somewhere (or so I thought) The last person said:
"Please give me a moment to read the chat history to get up to speed... Hi, I see that you want to check status of a recent support ticket, is that correct?"
"Yup"​
"Please kindly provide your ticket number" ( I already did this twice during the chat, and I thought they read the chat history to get up to speed. LOL)

Anyway, after about 15 minutes of this and that, and some waiting, she tells me the ticket was still in process and hasn't shipped yet. I told her the person who created the ticket said the buds would ship within 3 business days of ticket creation. So she apologizes and says things are delayed due to Covid...

Of course they are. I get the phone before release, claim the $150 gift that says please allow 4-6 weeks, then get my gift in like 3 days or something. Where were the Covid delays there? (I'm not complaining, I just find it hilarious, and find that the Covid excuse is an overused crutch for people to take the easy way out.)
Anyway, she says that it may be another week or so to process, and that UPS ground is currently 1-2 weeks out on delivery times. Yeah, I don't think so. my business ships and receives product via UPS daily. 99% of the time, it's 5 days US, coast to coast.

Well folks, it's now Monday Morning 08/31, and guess what I just received 5 minutes ago?

Mmm-Hmm.

Covid delays, my 455!!

Nice link to have, where did you come across this? And did you use it for yourself? If so, how did it work out?

My wife still needs to order hers. I may have her go this route.

Well, I had to send the Galaxy Buds Live back with the Note 20 Ultra or pay for them... so back they went. Then I realized I still had these earbuds I received at no cost - I talked with Samsung again yesterday and they were nice enough to send me another label to return them. All done. Hopefully the Z Fold 3 next year will have an S Pen... on the correct side of the phone.

Got that, Samsung?

Back
Top Bottom