• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Standard Apps - Can't Delete

T

thebeachbum

I have an HTC Incredible with Verizon. My contract is up soon and need to know if the "free" standard apps continue to be loaded on Android phones. Bigger question is can you delete them? I don't mean hide them with an app but truly delete them.

Don't mean to start an argument here but it is my understanding that IPhones do not burden you with this kind of garbage.

Appreciate any responses.

Hello!

You have this right, HTC Incredible S - Android Forums ? You can find information about apps specific to the phone there and here, Android Applications - Android Forums . By "Free" do you mean like Stock Apps? *Clock, Calculator, Market, etc* or Apps specific to the phone itself? There are Stock Apps, from your phone's manufacturer, the Android OS itself *Apps with Google in them*, and "Bloat" apps, apps that come via your phone carrier, usually are trial ware. Any Applications downloaded/bought Via Market can be re-downloaded on a new Android phone, as long as its compatible, Hardware and OS version, it varies depending on the apps in question. Any Bought Apps from the Market won't need to be re-bought as they are attached to the Google account itself.

As for Verizon's own apps and store *Not familiar with them* those I can't quite be sure.

Hope this helps, I see its your first post here, welcome to AndroidForums!

Upvote 0
Hello!

By "Free" do you mean like Stock Apps? *Clock, Calculator, Market, etc* or Apps specific to the phone itself? There are Stock Apps, from your phone's manufacturer, the Android OS itself *Apps with Google in them*, and "Bloat" apps, apps that come via your phone carrier, usually are trial ware.

Hope this helps, I see its your first post here, welcome to AndroidForums!

The "Free" apps are like Amazxon MP3, Car Panel, facebook, footprints, friendstream, peep, teeter, etc. Seems to be all bloat and adware.

Appreciate your feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones