• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezes while playing Angry Birds

I put CM7 on it. It worked find for months. But then it started freezing when I tried to play Angry Bird. I sent it back to B&N, and they gave me a new one. But, I still have the same problem.

Applications/ROM Manager/Fix Permissions. This might take care of the problem, no matter where you're running CM7 from. If you're having FC (force close) problems with other apps too, this may help them as well.

You could also try uninstalling/reinstalling AB. If you reinstall, you might need to fix permissions again afterward.

Large apps (like lots of games) are installed on the sdcard. If your sdcard is starting to go south, it might cause problems like this.

That's your problem.

Class 10 cards are optimized for writing large files sequentially (like for camera/video use). Android accesses small files randomly and class 4 Sandisk works best for this.

I'm having similar problems - getting Force Close on EVERYTHING. I even tried the ROM Manager/Fix Permissions suggested above and got a FC. My sd card is a Kingston HC class 4. Is that part of the problem?

You left out what happened between "it's working good" and "it's FC'ing"? Did it ever work?

Back
Top Bottom