• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freshly rooted tab3 10.1

Tater1999

Lurker
Jan 2, 2015
Ok i have a freshly rooted tab3 and have installed several apps for management and root access but i have noticed a signifigant spike in systems resource usage. I am wondering if there is a list of safely removable apps, bloatware and other systems functions to stream line speed and stability. I dont do too much with my tab outside the norm but i want a fast, secure and reliable system. I still want to be able to access play store and play my clash of clans. Also internet and email usage. I rooted for the ability to be fully customizable and to speed up tablet. I have been having issues since the system update several months ago, and yes i have hard reset since then, also went to samsung people at bestbuy and they updated my kit kat. But i have been having issues with, i guess cuz im not sure, processor over usage. My tablet soft reboots if too many apps are used at once, or too many system resources are being used or if i EVER run the facebook app. The samsung dealers couldnt tell me whats wrong. We benchmarked it, both visual and internal and it checked just fine and did not crash. I have scanned for viruses and malware, no luck. I now turn to the gurus for help. On a side note i also have a 64gb micro sd card that is unusable because of a FAT error (?). It was formatted as ExtFAT and once it reached over 32gb the card 'locked'. I cannot write to or erase from the card. It shows the delete happening then it justs pops back up like nothing happened. Same for trying a fresh format, both in tablet and on pc. It get to 99% on format and then simply says 'format failed'

Any help on these issues would be awesome.
You can directly contact me if you wish @ donald.tatum@gmail.com plz make the subject 'tab 3 help' so i will know its not spam. Thank you in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones