• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From BB to SIII or Razr Maxx

Hey folks, did you hear that sound? It's another Blackberry user switching over to Android.

I've had 4-5 BBs over the last 8-9 years and am finally making the switch. I probably would have switched 2-3 years ago, but my company was strictly BB until recently. I'm about to switch jobs and will be taking back over my Verizon account (I had to surrender it to my company a few years ago). Luckily, they want my Torch back (yay!), so I need to get a new phone. This is a nice opportunity to shop the market. I did look and compare the iPhone (is that a curse word here?) to the latest Android options, but the 4S just doesn't stack up and it's a little long at the tooth. If the iPhone 5 were to be released this week or next, it would be tempting, but I HAVE to get a phone by next week.

I've narrowed my search to the new Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Motorola Razr Maxx. I like the Maxx's battery (of course), but it appears that the Samsung beats it out in most of the other areas (resolution, processor, NFC capability, etc).

It give a little background, I've been an Android user since Xmas (Motorola Xoom with ICS) and my wife has had the Droid 2 Global for almost 2 years....so I'm familiar (but no expert) with the OS.

I wanted to introduce myself and get some opinions on SIII vs. Maxx. I can easily see the differences between them on paper (phonescoop is great for comparos), but if anyone has real-world experience, I'd love to hear it.

Just Luckey, welcome to Android you will love it.

JustLuckey, welcome to AF! Tough choice between those two. I am super happy with my GNex, have you considered that? ;) THanks for joining up! :)

Looks like the GNex is comparable, my next step is to get to a Verizon store and get my hands on them to get some first hand knowledge.

Can't go wrong w/ any of the 3 devices we are talking about here. S3 is the hot phone right now, but go w/ what fits your needs over what everybody else is doing.

Back
Top Bottom