• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Triumph to Elite, Much Better Phone

A previous LG Optimus V user, I switched to the Triumph about 2-odd months ago. Aside from the obvious advantage of a larger screen, I was not pleased. To wit:

(1) GPS took FOREVER to get a lock, at least 2 minutes, sometimes more. Often-times I'd even have to stop the car, get out, and hold it to the sky. By contrast, my Optimus V would get a lock in 5-10 seconds even though I leave GPS off until I load Google Maps & was in a moving car. I tried out the Elite, it was just like the V--even though I was using it for the 1st time ever and was inside my house with Wi-Fi off & had just turned on GPS, it locked on within 5 seconds.

(2) Voice quality. Especially when in the boonies, people complained BADLY about not being able to hear me, they complained my voice echoed. My Optimus V was much better, the Elite seems to be also.

(3) Screen non-responsiveness--the Triumph would periodically stop responding to the back or home buttons, which the Optimus V never did. (It also sometimes would require you to click "OK" or "Save" etc 2-3 times before it would "take.") The Elite so far has been fine (although I have to get used to home & back swapping spots.)

I actually sold my Triumph today on Craiglist for $140 (throwing in 2 skins and a spare battery) and used that money to buy the Elite, and I couldn't be happier. It basically combines the good of the V with an updated larger screen and improved performance so as to not be so dated. It "just works" FAR better than the Triumph ever did.

The Triumph--so long!

I'm glad I switched as well. I'm gonna be returning the elite for the Evo v when that comes out. The ever changing volume on the triumph drove me NUTS. I sold my triumph on eBay for 208.

I bought the Triumph and was geeked with rooted OS's you can put in it. So many tweaks and hacks. But the service...horrible where I live. Other reviews said they couldn't pick up any bars either. So, returned the Triumph and got the Optimus Elite and so far happy with stock OS and performance. My only concern is the battery. I'm only getting 8 hours tops on a full charge with regular usage. I can't stop some pesty autostart programs because it's not rooted......A PERFECT ELITE would to have the same OS but rooted so I can tweak it myself, be able to teather, and since it has the same processor as the Triumph do a easy overclock to 1.2Ghz.

I've also swapped from the Optimus V, to the Triumph, and now the Elite. Elite is better than the rest hands down!

Only downsides:
Can't tether
No Front facing camera
Little selection of cases, but I'm making do.

It's just better.

Only downsides:
Can't tether
No Front facing camera
Little selection of cases, but I'm making do.
Tether doesn't bother me, it was nice for emergencies but rarely worked.
An FFC would be nice, there are devices that will turn your rear camera into a front, like periscopes.
I will miss my Optimus' Otterbox, that is for sure. One thing that really frustrates me with Android is the lack of uniformity in device sizes. I wish there was a standard for the different size screens so that companies like Mag-pul and Otterbox could make more of the great cases they do for Android.

Just made the switch myself. My Triumph was having serious hardware issues. Random reboots, random antenna failure...Welcome to the OE! Lets see how I enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom