• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo question!!

GraceFace

Lurker
Okay, so I own a lovely non-rooted Nexus One and I was wondering about all of this talk going around about Android 2.2 (Froyo) available for the Nexus. The problem is, how do I get it? Should my phone be automatically updated sometime soon or do I have to install it myself? I'm so confused and just want it on my phone or to know if my phone will tell me to update it. Thanks :)

Okay, so I own a lovely non-rooted Nexus One and I was wondering about all of this talk going around about Android 2.2 (Froyo) available for the Nexus. The problem is, how do I get it? Should my phone be automatically updated sometime soon or do I have to install it myself? I'm so confused and just want it on my phone or to know if my phone will tell me to update it. Thanks :)

This will only work if you're with T-Mobile.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/83231-how-manually-update-nexus-one-android-2-2-froyo-root.html

EDIT: You don't have to be rooted.

Non-rooted is only for the tmo group... If you are on AT&T, you will need to root to get Froyo - there are instructions on xda developer forums.

Don't do it just wait for the official release. Too many bugs.
I don't know if I'd say TOO many bugs. There are some weird things, but I'm enjoying running it. The speed increase alone is worth it. But if the OP is new to Android, I'd suggest waiting as well.

Sorry, too many bugs is a little strong......

There are a couple of things I have noticed but it is a usable ROM in day-to-day use.....the Modaco kitchen version includes a Market fix as well.

Disagree, I find it to be excellent.

The only odd thing mine has done since Saturday is charge really slowly once.

Just be prepared for a slightly limited market due to lack of FRF50 fingerprint.

You can fix the lack the market issues if you root your phone. There is a thread on xda to mod the build.prop files so that they Froyo looks like Eclair to the market. I have been able to get all my 'private' apps back which has allowed me to stay on Froyo until the official release comes out.

Back
Top Bottom