• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo update failed/bricked phone

kroysc

Lurker
I heard yesterday that the official froyo was out and got excited. I was running Velocity 4 I attempted to update via the LG Mobile Update tool. All the USB drivers installed fine. It appeared to update but after it was complete it then got stuck in a boot loop of LG Logo-VZW logo- reboot.

At this point I was able to access the clockworkmod recovery. I wiped cache, dalvik, etc.. and then tried to flash it 4 times with no success. I had 2 clockwork backups and 2 roms, one was the stock rom and the other was Velocity 4. All 4 flashes got the same result. I tried using clockwork to clear out as much through the format of the boot, system, etc.. then flash one more time back to the stock rom, same boot loop.

Frustrated, I then attempted to run the LG Mobile update tool yet again and it failed. Now whenever I power on I get the white screen with the LG and VZW logos that says "Downloading... Do Not Unplug". I can't even access the clockwork recovery anymore, just the white downloading... screen.

Please help!

If i were you i would go to the irc chatroom #ally. Someone there can help. I did the same thing and took my phone back to verizon. I would try the chat first then weigh your options.

Back
Top Bottom