• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Hey I am new to this thread, can anyone give me the link to the stock froyo 2.2.2 ROM? Or any Froyo 2.2.2 ROM for that matter, any will do fine. Thank you!

I haven't seen a froyo Rom. I was looking a while ago myself. I still have a NAND backup of my original froyo, but I don't know how to extract the base Rom or I would post it for you.

I haven't seen a froyo Rom. I was looking a while ago myself. I still have a NAND backup of my original froyo, but I don't know how to extract the base Rom or I would post it for you.

It contains personal info don't it?... One theory, if you could restore it and wipe data, then all the ordinal info would be removed from the second file.

It contains personal info don't it?... One theory, if you could restore it and wipe data, then all the ordinal info would be removed from the second file.

Yeah, but would that really be a good idea? I don't feel confident that there would be zero info from my phone on there (I think you have to "activate" the phone to finish booting and there are things that seem to leak through from the sd too), and I wouldn't feel very confident the NAND would flash properly for you. I wonder if anyone has actually tried flashing a NAND from another phone...

Can I ask why you want a FROYO rom? The same question was asked of me, I'm just curious what your reasons are :D

Yeah, but would that really be a good idea? I don't feel confident that there would be zero info from my phone on there (I think you have to "activate" the phone to finish booting and there are things that seem to leak through from the sd too), and I wouldn't feel very confident the NAND would flash properly for you. I wonder if anyone has actually tried flashing a NAND from another phone...

Can I ask why you want a FROYO rom? The same question was asked of me, I'm just curious what your reasons are :D

The reason is that the Incredible 2 is very similar to my Android phone, and I would like to port the OS over. People on my phone's forum have stock NAND backups uploaded and shared just in case anyone needs to restore, so I don't think any personal info would be stored on a fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom