• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo?!?

Cyanogen 5.0.7 is a working, stable Android 2.1 ROM. It's been my daily driver for the past few weeks (well, it and a couple of the test versions). I highly recommend it if you're looking for a 2.1 ROM.

There are also Smoki, CapySlide, and SuperD 2.1 ROMs, (and likely a few others I'm forgetting) but I have no experience with them at all.

Check out www.xda-developers.com to find just about anything you could want for a ROM. They'll be in the "myTouch 3G, Magic Android Development" forum.

Upvote 0
Installed Froyo on an HTC Magic last night. Some trial and error involved, but I am amazed at how fast it runs. Every now and then there is a little lag, but nothing that the user of a Magic wouldn't already be used to. I've yet to run into any FC, but then again, I haven't really hit it that hard (still running off WiFi since it's for someone else and I need their SIM to real-world test).

Just follow the directions on the Cyanogen Wiki, don't improvise, and be patient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones