• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

frozen android recovery

vaheedtech

Lurker
friends samsung s7 edge has stopped working and now its showing the android recovery screen but that screen has now frozen and it will not allow you to go up or down.

when you eventually get to go to the wipe data option and you press the power button nothing happens and again the screen freezes, any ideas??

also the phone seems to be stuck in a boot loop

well from what me mate was saying he was texting and then the phone frozen, went off and this has been happening since, the phone gets hot, constantly reboots and then you get the android recovery screen

then when you go to scroll down the option to erase the phone it freezes and you cant go any further. i've been quick enough to get to the erase option and press the power button and it starts to look its formatting the phone but nothing else happens as again the phone has frozen

If the phone is getting hot, then it may be a battery issue. Samsung doesn't have a great track record with batteries (trying to cram too much into too little space). My wife's S7 Edge had a battery that swelled enough to pop the back off. :eek: In any case, what your mate might be seeing is a thermal protection circuit tripping. If the phone or battery get too hot, it will shut the phone down to keep it from bursting into flames ... or at least frying the more sensitive components. This is a hardware failure and no reset will fix that.

Back
Top Bottom