• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root fully stock 2.2.1 the easiest way imo

djthebogan

This has only been tested on an older Optimus V with the Hitachi screen baseband zv4. I'm not sure if will work on the newer phones.

Basically i just used two different threads on here so credits go to them..
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...uide-100-stock-lg-optimus-v-all-versions.html

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Start by downloading these files to the root of your sd card
superuser.apk
flash_image
flashimagegui.apk
gingerbreak.apk

Then download optimusV_stock_nandroid_and_recovery.zip and unzip the contents......(which are recovery.img and a folder BCDS-20110203-0357)

Copy the recovery.img file to the root of your sd card.

Now copy the folder "BCDS-20110203-0357" to

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/

paste the folder inside "backup"

(If you do not have a clockworkmod folder on the root of your sdcard create it. Also if you do not have a backup folder inside clockworkmod, create that also)

I think getting all that on your card is the hardest part, lol. Now, boot into cwm recovery like you would if you were flashing a new rom.

like usual,

Wipe cache and dalvik cache

under mounts format boot, cache, data, and system

select "backup and restore"

select "restore"

select "BCDS-20110203-0357"

select yes

reboot.

After reboot, skip adding google account if it asks, then go to settings, applications, and select unknown sources.

Using a file browser such as androzip, go to the root of your sd card and install superuser.apk, flashimagegui.apk, and gingerbreak.apk

open flash image gui

select recovery, browse to the root of your sdcard and select the recovery.img

check clear cache and dalvik

then let it do its magic and reboot. you now have a stock rom with stock recovery, but you are still rooted.

now just open gingerbreak app and select unroot. after reboot you should be 100% stock.

The Hitachi screens are the newer ones. The older models (like mine) have the Novatek screen. Nice write up, good help for those who may need it.

Back
Top Bottom