• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Function key not working on Desire Z

Hi All

Anyone got any ideas why the function key on the physical keyboard of my desire Z now no longer works? Only thing I can think of is I went to America and used a US sim and when I returned to the UK and put my UK sim back in the function key now no longer works. I have looked around for a setting for the keyboard but I am unable to find anything.
Please advise

Thanks

Mike

ps shift key also doesn't work.

I encounter this sometimes too. Although, it only seems to happen occasionally in Handcent. It appeared to have began doing this after upgrading to Android 2.2.1. Either that or when I installed an update for Handcent.

I have this problem as well in Handcent. Little work around is hit the symbol button then hit the back key and it will recognise Fn & Shift keys. Works for me so hopefully it will work for the masses.

I have this problem as well in Handcent. Little work around is hit the symbol button then hit the back key and it will recognise Fn & Shift keys. Works for me so hopefully it will work for the masses.

THANK YOU! Half the time I wanted to throw away my phone (figure of speech, of course).

So is this a Handcent issue or the phone's? I don't seem to recall having this type of problem with any other app.

Definately Handcent. Tried the browser had no troubles and went straight to Handcent and it wouldn't recognise the 'fn' key. Its a hit and miss thing, cause i find it works on some occasions.
Not sure if it was present before i upgraded the software to 1.82.720.1 because i didn't have Handcent back then.
Didn't happen in the stock messaging app but then we have the whole 'slide up while you're typing so you can't see what you're writing issue'.
It's a choice of the lesser of two evils.

Same thing for me. Did notice that it only happens on the first text. If I go on to write a couple it works fine for the others.
It is definitely a handcent problem, works fine on all my other apps. Hopefully will be sorted with the next upgrade.

Handcent is notorious for annoying issues. I wholeheartedly suggest GO SMS Pro as a replacement for it. Faster, more reliable and far easier on the eyes. :)

Handcent is notorious for annoying issues. I wholeheartedly suggest GO SMS Pro as a replacement for it. Faster, more reliable and far easier on the eyes. :)

Thanks for the heads up, will check it out.
Downloaded the update for handcent tonight and still got the same problem, so yeah may well change.

Has anyone emailed the developer about it? btw

Still not working in 3.8.6. Switched to GO SMS and it works, kinda like the look and feel of GO SMS so yeah looks like I'll be sticking with it.

What really annoys me about this is that when I discovered the problem I tried contacing HTC to see if they knew what was causing it. I didn't realise it was related to Handcent.
Their response? The stock response (without even bothering to ackowledge the specific issue) of advising that I perform a Hard Reset and if that doesn't fix it, return it to them for repair or replacement.

Have the makers of Handcent said anything about this?

Don't mean to revive a dead topic, but this ISN'T just Handcent. I don't even have it! I started getting this a couple of days ago, and the problem seems to be confined to HTC Peep so far...

Back
Top Bottom