• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny pictures!

w12-jpg.597984

Upvote 0
One advantage of having a bad memory is that we get to laugh at the same jokes again and again :D :D
You got that right, my dad will be 81 July 18th. Every time we're together it's the same stories and jokes from our previous visits.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Upvote 0
Not funny but interesting

w6-jpg.598183
When an industry decides to give awards to themselves, the decision is always political, and has nothing to do with anything else. They are more often than not either covert advertisements or the 'in club' patting each other on the back.

I noticed this many years ago. The movie Amadeus came out, and being a musician, I watched it. It was good but not great cinema. It didn't do well at the box office. Then it got a Best Picture award, was re-released, and made a fortune at the box office. Seems that Best Picture advertisement worked well.

And no, it wasn't the best picture of the year.

That's why I ignore those award shows.

Upvote 0
When an industry decides to give awards to themselves, the decision is always political, and has nothing to do with anything else. They are more often than not either covert advertisements or the 'in club' patting each other on the back.

I noticed this many years ago. The movie Amadeus came out, and being a musician, I watched it. It was good but not great cinema. It didn't do well at the box office. Then it got a Best Picture award, was re-released, and made a fortune at the box office. Seems that Best Picture advertisement worked well.

And no, it wasn't the best picture of the year.

That's why I ignore those award shows.
Same here, I always do avoid as much as possible. Besides they are just so stale.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones