• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Future kitkat update

KageBeast

Android Expert
I know there's already a thread about the upgrade but is there any news on the update? I know this tablet is one of the devices scheduled to get the update but it's been a while now and still nothing.

It's a waiting game. Everybody's getting antsy because of the wait. The Note 2 just got the update so I'm sure the Tab 3 shouldn't be too far behind

this tablet isn't carrying enough spec to get KitKat IMO. it is laggy, and a bit slow as it is with Android 4.1.2

this tablet isn't carrying enough spec to get KitKat IMO. it is laggy, and a bit slow as it is with Android 4.1.2

The tablet has enough to get kitkat. It does not have enough for all the samsung bloat+kitkat. That's been the problem with the S3. Kitkat can run on older devices. But, it has to be debloated. I have a bad feeling Samsung will say the same for the TAb 3 as the S3. Not looking good.

Hopefully, one of the Tab 3 devs can port a custom ROM as they have done with the Note 2 and S3.

The tablet has enough to get kitkat. It does not have enough for all the samsung bloat+kitkat. That's been the problem with the S3. Kitkat can run on older devices. But, it has to be debloated. I have a bad feeling Samsung will say the same for the TAb 3 as the S3. Not looking good.

Hopefully, one of the Tab 3 devs can port a custom ROM as they have done with the Note 2 and S3.
That's strange. My wife's sprint s3 is running just fine on kit kat

S3 is getting the update if it is a variant that has the 2gb of ram.

Ya im pissed about the tab 3 it was outdated when I got it last year. BUT... It was dirt cheap

Back
Top Bottom