• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 is really SLUGGISH?!?! Virus?

Corn

Lurker
Okay, so here's the deal. My G1 has been very sluggish the last past two days. Everything is either really slow or is force closing. Even going through my settings is sluggish. Any ideas as to why?

G1 is rooted but haven't flashed any roms. Overclocked to 528mhz. Haven't downloaded or sideloaded any apps recently. I've only updated TWC app, that's about it. I've unrooted my phone to see if that fixed it, but it hasn't. So I'm rooted again and it works fine for a few minutes and then becomes unusable once again?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

P.S. (I'm not low on internal memory either)

A G1 that's not low on internal mem? :-)

You might find something hammering the CPU by looking at the battery stats. Sometimes a misbehaving app will jump out at you from the top of that list. If not (or if it's Android OS itself eating the cycles) I'm thinking a factory reset is in the cards.

I guess doing a factory reset is my only option. I like the G1 but it's time for a new phone. Hopefully the Galaxy S2 doesn't disappoint!

Back
Top Bottom