• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2/Desire Z: home/search don't work, calls not coming through

Migelitio

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Hi,
I got a problem with my HTC G2.
Well, got the phone from the ebay (as the screen of my own died) and it seems it was rooted before and it also has LaucherPro installed. Iam using my existing SIM card from Tmobile which came originally with my old G2 phone.

Now, the home and search buttons don't work on the phone - the buttons are highlighted and the phone vibrates when I touch either button but nothing happens. I thought it is those settings in LaucherPro, but no matter what I set in there the home/search still don't work.

The second much bigger problem is that the incoming calls don't go through. they go right away to the VM. In the call history I can see that there was a call but there is no notification as "missed call" in a top menu. I can call anywhere I want from the phone though.

I basically need to revert my phone to the original state: no LauncherPro, no clockwork recovery stuff, have all buttons and calls working as intended. I can not uninstall LauncherPro even through menu-settings-applications-manage-all. I can see LaunchPro but no "uninstall" there.

Please help me to solve these problems.

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones