• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy attain with no sound

mred1971

Lurker
Hello all. Just new to this forum so if this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the proper place.

I bought my attain from MetroPCS back in the end of summer. Worked fine, no issues until a couple days ago. I cannot hear anything when I answer or make calls. I can hear the phone ringing if someone calls me but once I answer NOTHING. If I make the call I hear again nothing. No sound of the phone dialing. The call goes through because people on the other end get a call, I cannot hear the dialing or them answering.
All other notifications work.

Did not drop it, spill anything on it. Worked Saturday and then Sunday..nada.
This is frustrating. If I can fix it i'd like to try before taking it back.

Also I'm not very savvy when it comes to tech things. So you may respond in simple terms if you can. I've only downloaded three apps. Pandora, Lookout and Solitaire. Took them off, still a problem.

Thanks

Are you sure you have (in call volume up) or that you didnt accidently hit the mute button during a call?

Had checked everything including that.

I did some more research and found that this is a known problem with some samsung phones.
Don't know how often but its out there. Also don't know if it's just samsung because I kept my search specific.

Problem fixed after reset to factory setting. Strange.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom